I think that the longest that Phil has been away from home is 5 days (on a few occasions). But I think if you eliminate the “nights” he’s come home to sleep for 1-4 hours we may have gone longer. How can you REALLY say I’ve ‘seen’ him when he’s just this man who crawled into my bed at 1am only to crawl out at 4am – leaving me feeling a bit like a mistress? Actually, I shouldn’t complain – I get to sleep with him without having to feed him and clean up after him, and it’s perfectly moral. In any case, I’m logging a lot of hours living alone (excluding cats and mice). In a desire to be helpful to others, I present the following tips:
- check to make sure there is enough toilet paper on the roll BEFORE you sit down.
- make sure you’ve removed the keys from the front door BEFORE closing and locking it.
- make sure the cat has nothing in its mouth BEFORE letting it in.
- if you find yourself talking aloud or carrying on conversations with the cats, it is time to call a friend.
- that is YOUR dirty glass. You do have to clean it up.
- yes, staying up late with no one to tell you to go to bed is fun, but you will pay for it the next day at work.